Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tagged times two

First off, thank you all for all of your kind words and thoughts about all my family crap. In my anger at the time I didn't really portray my dad in the best light so I'm clearing his name a little right now. It's going to take a little while to come up with a new 'normal', especially we always were a family that loved vacationing together and big long dinners, but we will. This weekend my mom is going to visit her sister so I'm going to let my inner 6 year old do her selfish thing and wallow for a little bit.

On to the tagging. Yoka (as an aside, please go click over and give her some hugs, she just got not so great news about her dad) tagged me for this meme:

1. What did you do 10 years ago?

Hmmm...summer 1998 I was temping at F.idelity In.vestments and re-affirming my beliefs that I wanted nothing to do with the business world. I was also enjoying my last summer of extended adolescence, getting ready for my senior year of college

2. Five things from your ‘to do’ list?
- Realize that everyone else thinks I'm crazy and need to accept the fact that there most likely will be a 3rd little person in this house in September and maybe get something set up for her
- Call closet people (house came with custom avocado green floor to ceiling doors...you know you're jealous)
- start researching a second car as soon as ours is paid off
- along with the first thing, find a pediatrician
- find a pool to join (actually a very high priority for me right now)

3. Favorite snacks
- most ice cream related desserts
- chips and salsa


4. What would you do if you were a millionaire?
move out of this old townhouse with avocado doors
actually save
take fantastically amazing vacations with all of my loved ones every year

5. Places where you’ve lived?
New York
New Jersey
Massachusetts
Maine
Maryland
Virginia

And then Bean tagged me forever ago for this meme. I'm hereby acknowledging the tag but recognizing that I am WAY too spent to come up with a decent 6 word memoir. I will get to it though, I promise.

And I tag anyone who feels like doing either one!

4 comments:

Jessica White said...

Sorry about your dad and that you have so many things going on. I hope things get a little better for you soon.

Here via NCLM

HereWeGoAJen said...

Wallowing always makes me feel better. Go for it.

I could go for some chips and salsa right now. Yum, with avocado.

Julia said...

I am late to this, so I just wanted to say I am so sorry about your family drama. It can't be easy. I am sorry.

sara said...

Hmmm I ate ice cream with a brownie for dessert tonight. Then I had chips and salsa (and a little guacomole) for a evening snack. Great minds think alike? I hope you're feeling a little better about things soon, and take some time to wallow - you've been through a lot lately. Sending some good thoughts your way, and thanks so much for yours :-)