Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Breathing again

So this is a bit late, had no time to blog yesterday (stupid work)

We had a really busy day on Sunday, lots of errands, running around, then made a big dinner. That night, I kept getting horrible cramps on my right side that woke me up at night and made me double over. I kind of freaked out. Partially thinking all those horrible DBT's but also worried about cysts, etc. At my last ultrasound, my right ovary was still about 3 times larger than it should be.

Called the dr and they had me come in that morning. Explained that it was probably round ligament pain and since I'm already starting to get a little belly, I'm probably going to have some of the 2nd tri symptoms early. I protested that a bit, it's not really fair to have them when I still have all of the lovely first tri pukiness! But, I scored an ultrasound out of the deal. Finally, little Q does not look like a shrimp anymore. It's an actual little human, waving it's left arm over its head. Q was ALL over the place and would not sit still for a picture. She also said that she couldn't get a read on the heart rate through the u/s but that she wasn't worried since there was so much movement. (anyone else heard anything like that??)

Regardless, I feel much better. I didn't even mention the doppler...but in the interest of my sanity its getting sent back this weekend. My family keeps telling me to just trust my body, but I can't. It has proven itself too untrustworthy too many times. But I think I'm going to trust this baby. I have to believe that little Q knows what to do. He/she is going to be in charge from here on out, I'll just do everything I can to give him/her the best damn chance I can.

Other than that...work is kicking my butt right now. We've just got too much going on and I have been so unproductive lately. So I'm still either working or sleeping. Really ready for that 2nd tri energy to kick in along with all the pains ;)

21 comments:

KE II said...

Hey Meghan,
So glad to hear little Q was jumping all over the place, whew... hope you can breathe a little easier (not possible I know, but I do hope). Think it's a good idea to get rid of the doppler, i'd be just like you, reading into everything! Hope work eases up a bit for you :)

HereWeGoAJen said...

Oh, I am so glad that everything is okay. I glanced at the part about cramps before I looked at the rest of the post and I was quite worried!

Your doctor is much better than mine was. They wouldn't let me come in. If I hadn't moved anyway, I would have fired them.

AwkwardMoments said...

So glad to hear that your dr is fantastic and little Q is moving! that is great news - Yah for you for being strong enough to get rid of that doppler. I think thats a good idea

kirby said...

I had the same thing at an ultrasound: Baby moving, but they couldn't lock on to the heart rate. When I still looked worried, the doc said something to the effect of "Babies without heartbeats don't move around." And then scoffed at first-time pregnant women.

So I wouldn't worry about it. I know, easier said than done.

Geohde said...

Glad to hear that all is well with bub,

Those DBT's are just awful. Got em now, matter of fact...must score scan soon!

J

Sunny said...

I am so glad you got to see your little one swimming around. Rest up! We are at hump day!

BigP's Heather said...

Yes, I have heard of them not being able to get the heart rate. And if the baby is that active, they aren't worried. There is only concern if the baby is still and they can't...

K @ ourboxofrain said...

I'm glad to hear they were willing to give you the extra ultrasound, and even more glad to hear that everything was looking good. Whoo-hoo for an active little Q!

Maria said...

I'm so glad that everything is okay. How cool that you have a little person in you, waving their little arms around. It's so amazing.

Jen said...

That is so exciting that Q was moving around so much. And I'm glad you're sending the doppler back...I think it would only be guaranteed to caused unnecessary heartache.

battynurse said...

So glad to hear the ultrasound showed a nice active little Q and that you can rest a little easier. I agree that ditching the dopler is probably a good plan. Hope work gets eaiser.

nickoletta100 said...

So glad you got to see Baby Q on the u/s and see him/her moving around. U/S are great for reassurances!!! Now put down that doppler and back away from it!

Rebecca said...

So happy to hear that Q was jumping all over the place...that's a good way to get rid of DBT's! glad to hear that things are going well and the round ligament pain isn't that bad (unless you try to twist into some weird yoga pose when getting off the couch - I've done that a lot and thought I ripped my uterus). Let's hear it for crazy pregnancy thoughts!

deanna said...

I'm so glad Q's swimming around and doing great! How awesome to see him/her looking like a little person instead of sealife!

Smart move, I think, with the doppler return. I briefly considered getting one, but when I read reviews about all the angst they can cause, I figured a false reading would throw me over the edge of sanity.

Adriane said...

Good to hear an update. So glad you got another ultrasound! I am jealous!!! I bet it was fun to see little Q moving around!

Sorry you are having some pains. I really hope the nausea goes away soon!!

In and Out of Luck said...

It's probably a very good idea to get rid of the doppler. Glad to hear you saw the little one jumping around!

Kristen said...

I'm still waiting on that second trimester boost, LOL! I'm so happy Q is doing so well. It is great news that he/she is very active and while the heartbeat is important, if there is significant movement, you can be assured that the little heart is doing just fine :)

LIW (Lady In Waiting) said...

Congratulations on staying calm through all of that scariness!!! And I believe that you have adopted the right attitude to maintaining your sanity - at least, that same approach has helped me. We need to trust that the little ones will hang on. And there's no sign that anything is wrong with either of our pregnancies, right?! :-)

Lea Bee said...

glad to hear Q is doing well and you are breathing again :)

sara said...

I'm wishing you the best of luck. Don't feel bad about the doppler. My friend at work is pregnant and we run up to OB every moment we get to put her on the portable doppler to check the heartbeat. Sometimes we feel the baby, others we feel her uterine artery beat in the 70's. You are completely normal!

Dr. Grumbles said...

Sigh of relief! Keep thriving, little Q!