Friday, January 4, 2008

142!!!!!!!!!!

I was hoping for something over 50, since it's still really early. Betabase has the average hCG for 13 dpiui as 36. But 142! That far exceeded my expectations. I have my follow ups on Monday and Wednesday. It's going to be a looong weekend, those pee sticks aren't going to know what hit'em! Well, they will, I just have a feeling I'm going to be grabbing one every time I go to the bathroom.

I had prepared myself for a lower number and had convinced myself that I wasn't going to get as caught up in everything as I did last time but the nurse's message was SO different. Last time she said things like, "well, it's officially positive" and "come back in 2 days, we need to ride this out." This time first thing she said "I have good news", said congrats 3 times, and that it was a nice high number given that I was testing early. Since she's a medical professional, she's got me all excited. I recognize that I only believe her when she says things I want to hear. That I'm like the woman with the cheating husband, ignoring the lipstick and being gone all hours and just focusing on the fact that he bought me some grocery store flowers.

I really need to protect myself. I know this isn't a sure thing. Neither one of us has mentioned the p-word yet. I remember back when we were first trying and every single cycle I would figure out my due date with those online calculators. I'd think of the season, what type of clothes I'd be wearing, would it be really hot, would I have to worry about slipping on ice? I thought all of these things monthly, and always got my heart broken. Still haven't gone to any of those sites and done that, I almost don't want to know. First, it would be admitting it and second, it would make it far too real. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely giddy with excitement, but I'm trying to do the cautious optimism thing.

44 comments:

Debby said...

Hooray I'm the first to give you a big "Wooooohoooo!" on your awesome beta!! Take some comfort in the big fat number and let it be real. It's ok to let go and be happy and look forward. Go with your natural instincts and jump for joy girl!

LJ said...

That is WONDERFUL news!!! Congrats!

Amanda said...

Wooooo Hoooo!!! What a wonderful beta! I can't wait for your fabulous beautiful doubling beta on Monday!!!!!

AwkwardMoments said...

Wonderul exciting news!!

HereWeGoAJen said...

Hooray! Yea for 142!

And I totally understand the cautious optimism. I would totally be the same way. But with 142, hopefully you can squash some of those worries.

Maria said...

YAY! YAY! YAY!!! That's an awesome beta. Can't wait till Monday's doubled results!!

Shelby said...

Awesome!! This is such exciting news! I understand being guarded, But try to enjoy it too! I'm so happy for you!!

JJ said...

GREAT number! SO happy for you!!!

Jen said...

142!!! Sure it's early but that is an awesome beginning!!!

Erin said...

Yay!! That is such great news. I hope you have a great weekend peeing your little heart out!

Congratulations!

sara said...

Wow congrats girl!

Meg said...

How wonderful Meghan. I know you are being cautiously optimistic which is a healthy route for you. I cannot wait until next week!!!!

In and Out of Luck said...

Many congratulations. 142 is a fabulous number!

Egged Out said...

Great fantastic wonderful news!

battynurse said...

Wow, that's a great number. Heres sending wishes of nicely doubling numbers and a happy and healthy 9 months.

Yoka said...

congratulaltions

Yoka said...

Congratulations, Meg. My computer was faster than me. Fantastic news. I am so thrilled for you!!! Will give you a big hug on Sunday!!!

TeamWinks said...

Excellent! That's some seriously exciting news!

Adriane said...

YAY!!!! That is super, fabulous news!!!!! CONGRATS!!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!

Sunny said...

YAHOO!!!!

Rebecca said...

OMG! I'm so excited for you! Keep it going!

Lollipop Goldstein said...

That is a fantastic number. Congratulations!

peesticksandstones said...

What great news for the new year! Thinking of you... hope the weekend-wait isn't too maddening. Sounds like you've got a lot of reason to be very optimistic.

G said...

OMG honey that is SOOOO wonderful!!!!!

Mrs. Shoes said...

That is such great news! I am so very happy for you.

MrsSpock said...

That's a FABULOUS beta!!!

nickoletta100 said...

Congrats!! P-word lady!! Maybe there are 2 in there with a high beta like that!

A'Dell said...

This is fantastic beyond words Meghan!

You've just given this unexplained infertile some hope. :)

stickybun07 said...

OMG! That's a fabulous number! Congratulations! And here's to more good news to come. :-)

Not on Fire said...

Delurking to congratulate you on wonderful news. Please enjoy it.

Trying said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you! Maybe you and my wife will have the same due date :)

Geohde said...

Welcome to the scary world of early p-word!

That's a lovely beta.

xx

J

dmarie said...

Congrats to you!!

Busted said...

OH YAY! That is so great...I'm keeping my fingers doubly crossed for you!

deanna said...

That's so wonderful!!!! What a great way to kick off 2008!!!!

Unknown said...

Yay! Congrats! Those are fabulous numbers indeed! I know it is so hard not to worry, but everything looks great. Congrats again. Oh and that part about going to figure out your due date very cycle and all that... yeah I do that too. :D

Stacy said...

Congratulations on the BFP and the wonderful first beta. Best of luck to you!

(Thanks for all the kind comments on my blog!)

Cibele said...

yay! congrats on a greta beta!!!

Laura said...

Congratulations!! What a wonderful number! Yay!!

KE II said...

Wow!! Congrats, I can't believe this, I go on vacation for 2 weeks and the first 2 sites I check have great news! Very happy for you guys, look forward to hearing today's number 142 is awesome!!

Morrisa said...

Awesome beta number! Congrats!

Mindy said...

Fantastic!! Congratulations.

sarah23 said...

Yay!! Congratulations!!! I love hearing IUI success stories. Hooray! Any further symptoms yet, BTW??

Brooke said...

OMG....CONGRATS. I am SO thrilled for you!!!