Saturday, November 24, 2007

3dpiui and hungover

So I know it's really way to early to have any symptoms and anything that isn't made up in my head is probably from the Pr.ometrium but I don't care. Having tons of cramping on my left side. Pains on the right, that 13mm that was too small to trigger is probably going to end up being a cyst. And since it's been about 6 months since I've had a painful cyst, I guess I'm due. Oh, and my boobs are sore but I know that's the meds talking. Given the not so great timing and Mr H's not so great count, I'm not getting my hopes up. (ha...please remind me I said this in about 7 days)

We had a great weekend up in Philly. Jenna commented on my last post and said she hoped my happiness hangover lasted. What a great description! And it certainly did!!! My brother and his fiance decided to come up with us too so we had a fun road trip Friday morning. It was so great to see our friends. They moved in August and we hadn't seen them both since their wedding. I had never been to Philly before. They live in the cutest neighborhood, I just loved it. We had a great afternoon walking around and a fantastic dinner Friday night. The best part was that kids/pregnancy never even registered on the conversation. Partially because they are all part of our IC (inner circle) and know about our IF but also because no one else is in that spot. So for once, I didn't feel inadequate. And since they know about the IF, they didn't raise any eyebrows when I nursed a glass of wine over dinner and didn't drink at any of the bars we went to (as an aside, when will VA go smoke-free???? it is just so nice). Played a little photo hunt for far too long and then called it a night.

Today we walked around the city some more, got ourselves a cheesesteak for lunch, and headed home. This is seriously the best type of hangover ever!

13 comments:

Geohde said...

Good luck with the rest of your tww, and it is never too early to obsess in my book. I haven't even ovulated, and my mind won't stop ticking over!

J

HereWeGoAJen said...

Good luck!

I'm glad you had a nice weekend. It is always nice to see old friends again.

Jen said...

I hate the whole trying not to let yourself hope part of the 2ww, so good luck! And I sure hope that you don't end up with a cyst. I know exactly how much those suck!

Jen said...

I hate the whole trying not to let yourself hope part of the 2ww, so good luck! And I sure hope that you don't end up with a cyst. I know exactly how much those suck!

Debby said...

I will not be the one to remind you 7 days from now about your current thoughts. I am a huge believer of the power of postive thinking and will think happy thoughts for you and your leftie throughout the rest of the cycle. This is super easy to do for others...never an easy thing to do for self though. I don't know if I'll ever master that for myself...but I'm GREAT at doing it for others.

Natalie said...

Those weekends are the best. Nice to finally have a break:-)

Pamela T. said...

"So for once, I didn't feel inadequate." -- well said. There are too many times when this strange feeling surfaces expectantly. So glad your friends are supportive and able to give you the space you need. Sounds like a wonderful hangover.

Yoka said...

I am glad you had a nice week-end in Philly.

Good luck for your IUI. Hopefully this wait will be over soon and hopefully then we only have to wait another 9 months until we can hold our little ones... :-)

Yoka

Busted said...

I'm glad you had a good holiday, and super hoping you get some good news at the end of this 2ww.

Heather said...

wishing you the best news in 7 days, and know the impossibility of not getting our hopes up. my hopes are up for you.

Lea Bee said...

good luck!!

Dr. Grumbles said...

I really like that term "happiness hangover!"

Good luck with the symptoms, imagined or otherwise!

JJ said...

Glad you have a happy hangover--Im feeling that way today, and I want to hang on to it for a LONG time!
Best of luck in this 2ww!