I'm finally getting to this...sorry. Both Jen and Busted tagged me last week but things were a little crazy.
Here are the rules: Once tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you. Then post the rules before your list, and list 8 random things about yourself. At the end of the post, you must tag and link to 8 other people, visit their sites, and leave a comment letting them know they’ve been tagged.
1) I've got old arthritic knees. When the ortho diagnosed me and I said "I'm 25, there's no way I can have arthritis", he promptly told me I had the knees of a 65 year old. Lovely to hear.
2) I've been to Afri.ca. I hiked Kilimaj.aro with my dad and brother in the summer of 2001. We didn't summit but it was still an amazing experience. That would be where my knee blew out just prior to discovering it was 65 years old so I'm listed as an official rescue off the mountain and had to fill out TONS of paperwork.
3) I've never had the chic.ken pox growing up. I got vaccinated for it before I left for college
4) Until this fall I never liked hot coffee. I was a hard core tea drinker and it totally threw me and I felt like my whole identity changed. But now I'm over it because there is nothing more delicious than a pepp.ermint w.hite mocha.
5) I went to Catholic high school for 4 years and then like a good girl went and married a nice Jewish boy from Long Island! I recommend the interfaith thing to everyone, it makes visiting family at the holidays SOOOOO easy!
6) I tend to be impulsive and do things without thinking them all the way through. Like when I bought a new car that was a stick shift....without knowing how to drive it. This was made even worse by the fact that I have to drive on both 66 and the Beltway to get to work! I grew to love it though and miss the fact that my car doesn't come in a stick.
7) My car...I drive a Pr.ius and I LOVE it!! I like that it actually looks different from all of the other models that also come as a hybrid. And yes, I am one of those environmental freaks. I try to only buy local fruits and veggies (I can not get Mr H to give up his bananas though) and am really trying to 'minimize' all the junk in my life. (but in full disclosure I must admit that I also LOVE that my car gets my into the HOV lanes on 66 each morning.)
8) My one exception to minimizing....my shoes. I'm sure some of you remember my dilemma when I bought 4 new pairs of shoes in just one store and Mr H's subsequent freak out. I do have a bit of a problem.
Whew....that was harder than I thought it was going to be. Now for the other hard part....who to tag....who to tag???? This will take a minute to figure out who hasn't recently done this. Let's see, how about jenna sais quoi, Farah, Infertility just sucks, LJ, and that's all for now. It's too much of a pain to go through my b.loglines to see who's already done this
**and spell check isn't working on blogger for some stupid reason so I apologize for any typos. I HATE typos....that could have been one of my 8, I am a spelling and grammar geek!